You want to create a Microsoft Teams Template to support any Collaborative Process in your organization? You'll be able to build it in just a few minutes and help your organization with: New Recruitment, Business Proposal, New Store opening, Business Department Collaboration, etc.
There are two simple steps for that:
- Create a Team that will serve as the Original Team for the template
- Add it to the Teams Template Corporate Catalog with Governance Policies
1. Create a Team that will be the Original Team for the template
- Create a Team using the regular way and name it "NAME OF THE USE CASE - Template" (Deal Room - Template; Construction Site - Template; Marketing Department - Template;
- Add the different Channels you want.
- Add files and folders in Files Tab
- Add the different Website tabs to refer any Intranet Page, Website or WebApp Application (must be in Https://)
- Add Planner in the relevant channels with Predefined Tasks, Checklist, Description, Labels and Buckets
- Add an image to this Team in Jpeg
- Remove all the wiki tab from the channel created
- Add the SalesTim Service Account as an owner of the Team
Things to notice:
- Wiki: if you don't remove wiki tabs, it will create 2 wiki tab in the teams replicated
- Tips: on windows 10, launch the emoji keyboard clicking "Windows" + ";" and pimp the channel name with emoji 💪💯👌😍
2. Add it to the Teams Template Corporate Catalog (for Admins)
- Connect as a Global Admin in Microsoft Teams
- Go To Salestim App in the Catalog Tab
- Click on "+ Create" on top right
- Enter the name of the Team created before
- Adapt the name of the Template to be shown to end-users in the catalog
- Select what to be cloned (most of the time uncheck "Members")
- Naming Tab: add a Default Team Name and Team Naming convention (add a suffix for example). More details about Naming Convention.
- Approval: select who will be the approuver of the creation (currently disabled by default)
- Audience: define who will be able to create a team with this template
- Click "+ Create"
- Test it from the home page! Click on "+New Team"