The Service Account is key to make Salestim work. If you want to know why we chose this design and to what data exactly it accesses to, refer to 🔐 App Permissions & Scopes in our public doc.
To set up the Service Account, you just need to follow these steps:
- Create a Global Admin User
- Login to Microsoft Teams with this Account
- Update and Check
1. Create a Global Admin User
The service account is the account that will act to create all the Teams and this is what the users will see in all the teams provisioned.
So in Microsoft / Office 365 Admin Portal Create a Global Admin account. Choose the Name you want. This can be the name of your IT Service. And add a nice picture!
Here are the requirements for that account to work:
- The account must be assigned at least an E1 license
- At least licence to Exchange Online and Teams must be enabled
- Exchange Online Mail Box must be provisioned
2. Login to Microsoft Teams
Login in to https://teams.microsoft.com with the account you created. Reach SalesTim through the three dot on left bar.
3. Update and Check
Select the settings tab and From the "🤖 Service Account" select update.
The Service Account will change to the account you're logged in. Then you can run a check to see if everything works fine !