To set up the Service Account, you just need to follow these steps:
- Create a Global Admin User
- Login to Microsoft Teams with this Account
- Update and Check
While we invite you to create a dedicated Service Account for Salestim, you can rely on an existing one if you prefer. In that case, you can jump to point 2.
To learn more about why we rely on a Service Account and what are the best practices to secure it, please visit our Trust Center.
1. Create a Global Admin User
The service account is the account that will act to create all the Teams and this is what the users will see in all the teams provisioned.
So in Microsoft / Office 365 Admin Portal Create a Global Admin account. Choose the Name you want. This can be the name of your IT Service. And add a nice picture!
Here are the requirements for that account to work:
- The account must be assigned at least an E1 / Business Premium license
- At least license to Exchange Online and Teams must be enabled
- Exchange Online Mail Box must be provisioned
2. Login to Microsoft Teams and search for Salestim App
Login in to https://teams.microsoft.com with the account you created. Reach SalesTim app by searching "Salestim" through the three dots on left bar.
Then click on "Add" button.
Sign-in into Salestim App
You should be logged in now:
3. Update and Service Account Check
Select the settings tab and From the "🤖 Service Account" select update.
The Service Account will change to the account you're logged in. Then you can run a check to see if everything works fine !