The objective of the article is to present, how collaboration with Microsoft Teams templates can help an organisation optimize any Store Opening. Opening a new Store is a Collaborative Process and Teams is the perfect home for that. With a Template, you can address this process at scale in your organization
Step 1: Create the Original Team of the Microsoft Teams Template
1. Create a new team using the regular way, from "Join or Create Team" in Teams.
2. Name it "Store Opening"- Template" for example.
3. Add the different channels, here is a suggested list:
🗓 Weekly Meetings
You can frame the channels the way you want, based on your need.
4. Add Websites Tabs in every channel needed, you can bring any content that come with a URL to the Team created. The content can be any information which you would like to share with your team members.
Guidelines on Internet or intranet
Link to a share-point online documentation library
Internal web based application
5. Create a Planner with the list of tasks which you need to carry out. Few examples that can be:
Preparation (Prepare or design a document, Setup preparation planning, Follow up)
Work (Monthly reviews with contractors, weekly team follow up, weekly contactor follow up)
Finalization (Communication Plan, Final contractors work list)
Planner is currently replicated in the inverse. So for Planner you need create the tasks displayed in the opposite of what you want to show in the Teams that will be created from the template.
6. Delete all the Wiki Tabs in each Channel. Otherwise Microsoft will create tow.
7. Also, add a profile image to the Original Team, this image will be replicated to each Team Created.
It's done !
Step 2: Adding Microsoft Teams template to corporate catalog
1. Add the Original Team to the Catalog: for this, you need to be logged in as a global admin. Go to Catalog Tab in Salestim App and look for the team you created i.e. "Store Opening - Template.
2. Click on the 'Create' option present on top right corner and select the team to be cloned, which in this case is "Store Opening"
3. In the Info tab, fill in the name of the original team which is named "Store Opening - Template" Microsoft Team name and description. You also have the ability to choose the desired Microsoft Teams Template language.
4. In the Name Tab, Set up the name of the Team that will be created from the Template:
Default Team Name (what user will fill in the request form): this can be Name of the Store
Naming Convention (the name automatically generated): this can be <%= request.team.name %> - Store Opening
Default Teams description: Enter Additional Store Opening Description
Business Solution Description: this can be Team dedicated to collaborate around the Sto: <%= request.team.name %> | Location: <%= user.msCountry %> | Created by: <%= request.request.requester.name %> with the job role: <%= user.msJobTitle%> | <%= request.team.description %>
Same Idea with the welcome message!
5. In the Approval tab, define the approval policy with an approver from your organisation.
7. In the Audience tab, define the audience you wish to target for this Microsoft Teams Template
8. In the Security tab, define the Security Policy with :
Teams Privacy enforcement to Private for example
Step 3: Try It 🚀
Go on home page. Click on the "Create" option. You will see the Business option being created on the Catalog. The business solution is named 'Store Opening'.
Go on home page. Click on the "Create" option. You will see the Microsoft Teams Template option being created on the Catalog. The template is named 'Store Opening'.
Once the Microsoft Teams Template named 'Store Opening' is created, go to the 'Home' tab and select the template
Name the template and add a description to it. Add a welcome message which you want to be seen by the members of the team when they join the Team.
Within seconds, your Teams matching your Business need is up and running.
If you are doing that with a service account, no notification will be seen because you are the account that is creating the Team.