The objective of the article is to present, how collaboration with Microsoft Teams templates can help an organisation optimize the collaboration in an Executive Committee Team. Formation of Executive Committee is a Collaborative Process and Teams is the perfect home for that. With a Template, you can address this process at scale in your organization.
Step 1: Create the Original Team of the Microsoft Teams Template
1. Create a new team using the regular way, from "Join or Create Team" in Teams.
2. Name it "Team of Executive Committee - Template" for example.
3. Add the different channels, here is a suggested list:
- 📅 Planning
- 📈 Finance
- 📢 Internal Communication
- 📜 Company News
- 🔭 Market Watch
- 🗓 Weekly Meeting
- 🤝 Partners
- 🛫Corporate Strategy
You can frame the channels the way you want, based on your need.
4. Add Websites Tabs in every channel needed, you can bring any content that come with a URL to the Team created. The content can be any information which you would like to share with your team members.
- Guidelines on Internet or intranet
- Link to a share-point online documentation library
- Internal web based application
5. Create a Planner with the list of tasks which you need to carry out. Few examples that can be:
- Communication with CEO (Weely dialogue, Communication Report and Communication)
- Organizational Oversight (Formation of Committees and Task force, Good governance practices)
- Strategy Design (Swot Analysis, Access Competitors)
Planner is currently replicated in the inverse. So for Planner you need create the tasks displayed in the opposite of what you want to show in the Teams that will be created from the template.
6. Delete all the Wiki Tabs in each Channel. Otherwise Microsoft will create tow.
7. Also, add a profile image to the Original Team, this image will be replicated to each Team Created.
It's done !
Step 2: Adding Microsoft Teams template to corporate catalog
1. Add the Original Team to the Catalog: for this, you need to be logged in as a global admin. Go to Catalog Tab in Salestim App and look for the team you created i.e. "Team of Executive Committee - Template.
2. Click on the 'Create' option present on top right corner and select the team to be cloned, which in this case is "Team of Executive Committee"
3. In the Info tab, fill in the name of the original team which is named "Team of Executive Committee - Template" Microsoft Team name and description. You also have the ability to choose the desired Microsoft Teams Template language.
4. In the Name Tab, Set up the name of the Team that will be created from the Template:
- Default Team Name (what user will fill in the request form): this can be Name of the Team
- Naming Convention (the name automatically generated): this can be <%= request.team.name %> - Exec Committee
- Default Teams description: Enter Additional Team Description
- Business Solution Description: this can be Team dedicated to collaborate around the Team: <%= request.team.name %> | Location: <%= user.msCountry %> | Created by: <%= request.request.requester.name %> with the job role: <%= user.msJobTitle%> | <%= request.team.description %>
- Same Idea with the welcome message!
5. In the Approval tab, define the approval policy with an approver from your organisation.
7. In the Audience tab, define the audience you wish to target for this Microsoft Teams Template
8. In the Security tab, define the Security Policy with :
- Teams Privacy enforcement to Private for example
- Permanent Owners
- Permanent Members
Step 3: Try It 🚀
Go on home page. Click on the "Create" option. You will see the Business option being created on the Catalog. The business solution is named 'Team of Executive Committee'.
- Go on home page. Click on the "Create" option. You will see the Microsoft Teams Template option being created on the Catalog. The template is named 'Team of Executive Committee'.
- Once the Microsoft Teams Template named 'Team of Executive Committee' is created, go to the 'Home' tab and select the template
- Name the template and add a description to it. Add a welcome message which you want to be seen by the members of the team when they join the Team.
- Within seconds, your Teams matching your Business need is up and running.
If you are doing that with a service account, no notification will be seen because you are the account that is creating the Team.