SalesTim Automation automates the provisioning, management & lifecycle of Microsoft Teams.
To do so, three kind of user roles are used:
- End-user: Will be able to request the creation of new teams using a corporate catalog of pre-made templates
- Approver: Will review, approve or reject the requests from end-users
- Administrator: Will define the corporate catalog of templates and their associated conventions, security and privacy policies, and also delegate requests processing to approvers and approval teams.
In the following sections, discover at a glance the key features available to each of these roles.
If you need a deeper understanding of SalesTim Automation from the perspective of each role, please refer to the dedicated user guides:
"My Requests" Dashboard
See its own requests with their current status:
Request a new team
- Request a new team from the "My Requests" dashboard
- Select the template to use from the corporate catalog of services
- Choose the future team name and description
- Define a welcome message that will be published in the "general" channel once the new team will have been provisioned
- Choose the future team owners and members from the company directory
- If an approval process is enabled for the perticular template selected during the request, an email notification is sent for each request's status update.
- If there is no approval process associated with the perticular template selected during the request, once the new team will have been provisioned, a visual notification will be displayed, with a direct link to the new team.
See the requests for which the approver is designated as a member of the approval team, with their current status:
- Update the original request information:
- Template to apply
- Team name and description
- Welcome message
- Team owners (the requester is automatically added as an owner of the new team)
- Team members
- Approve or Reject the request
- If the approver is a member of the approval team, he'll receive an email notification to be able to review, approve or reject the request.
- After a request approval, and once the new team will have been provisioned, a visual notification will be displayed, with a direct link to the new team.
Corporate Catalog of Services
- View, update and delete team templates from the corporate catalog
- From the "New Template" form, the template settings could be defined from each section.
- Choose an existing team as a template for cloning
- The template status, enabled or disabled
- The template name, description and associated image
- Choose what you'd like to include from the original team
- Enable or disable approval for this perticular template
- Choose the approval team members from the company directory
Security and Privacy
- Choose team privacy mode, "Public" or "Private"
- Choose to automatically add the Requester as a team owner
- Select permament owners and members from the company directory
- Define the content of 3 emails to be sent:
- At the creation of the team
- One week later
- two weeks later
Microsoft Teams Service Account
- Choose a specific Office 365 service account for background processing operations
- Inject custom JS and CSS code to the "New team request" form